Brown Bear & Wilderness Viewing Adventure via Floatplane
Step into the wilds of Southeast Alaska for an astonishing brown bear and wildlife viewing adventure. Your exploration begins with a floatplane flight transporting you on a breathtaking scenic flight from the base in Juneau, providing unique access to brown bear territory. Escorted by an expert local guide, you'll step off the plane and into an unforgettable adventure. Your guide will share his/her knowledge of brown bears, and the wildlife and fascinating natural history of the area. Photographers and nature enthusiasts will marvel at this opportunity to discover the unexpected-a once-in-a-lifetime experience that allows a rare look into the world of one of the grand and majestic animals of the great Alaskan wilderness. Minimum age is 8 years due to tour duration and the patience required for viewing wildlife. Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed.
Enjoy a half day or full day of bear and wildlife viewing near Juneau. We'll pick you up and transfer you to our shop where you'll meet your guide, and be outfitted in waders and raingear. After a safety briefing, you'll embark on a scenic flight by floatplane.
Check with BCO for pricing.
The tour includes:
• Transportation to and from downtown to the floatplane base
• Waders & raingear
• all weather tote bag
• 40 minutes total scenic floatplane flight time
• 4 hours at remote location
• post adventure snack
• all done with the expertise of our certified guides
• 1:5 guide to guest ratio for an exclusive experience
• With our ever changing weather patterns layered clothing is always encouraged
• Camera with strong lens and fully charged or extra batteries
• A sense of adventure and love of the wilderness and its amazing creatures.
• Participants should be in good physical condition and able to walk over uneven ground for 1-2 miles in waders. We visit remote locations and advanced medical support will not be available. We recommend bringing along any necessary or simply precautionary medications. • Guests are urged to be ready for an outdoor wilderness experience.
Experiencing Alaska with Bear Creek Outfitters, the largest guide service in Southeast Alaska.
Your bear viewing trip will give you the chance to view and photograph a variety of wildlife in their natural settings. Eagles, other birds and harbor seals are commonly sighted on our trips. Brown and black bears are seen frequently, and we occasionally see moose, Sitka black-tailed deer, wolves and otters as well.
All of the locations we go bear viewing are located in true wilderness. We often see eagles, bears, deer and whales while we are exploring their backyard. Many guests enjoy the setting as much as the bear viewing itself!
Special use permit with the Tongass National Forest.